ARTpreneurs: Glace Bay
ARTpreneurs Glace Bay with Bay It Forward in Association with YAC
*** APPLY NOW!!! - APPLICATION FORM ***
ARTpreneurs Glace Bay is a PAID (training allowance) 10 week/30 hour per week program, introducing young artists (ages 18-22) to basic business skills. It was designed and developed by young artists for young artists. It is run in collaboration with YAC and partner organizations throughout Nova Scotia.
ARTpreneurs Glace Bay provides business training for artists from all artistic disciplines including music, dance, digital art, visual arts, written word and so on. It is designed for any creative being to start or grow their creative business. Successful applicants of ARTpreneurs Glace Bay will be supported in building a creative product or service with their talents, skills and passions. There will be an ARTceleration event that provides an opportunity for them to present and sell their creative product and/or service. Each ARTpreneur will walk away with a unique business canvas, business cards, professional head-shot, bio, the basic skills needed to start or grow a business, and access to a network of peer artist alumni.
We are currently recruiting for ARTpreneurs in GLACE BAY! (Deadline: Midnight on October 17th, 2019)
ARTpreneurs Glace Bay 2019 will be facilitated by local teacher and artist, Cynthia Lahey!
Five applicants will be selected base on:
• Level of artistic skill: You have a basic level of skill that can be developed into a creative product or service.
• Diversity: Priority will be placed on selecting a MIX of artists from different artistic disciplines.
• Level of need: ARTpreneurs is a PAID program and priority will be given to those with less access to resources, networks and supports.
• Entrepreneurial attitude: Priority will be given to those who are open to adapting their talents to business opportunities.
Application deadline: Thursday, October 17th
Selection and interviews: October 22-24
Program Dates: Start Date – Tuesday, October 29, 2019.
Weekly Sessions (Tuesday to Saturday, 30 hours per week), Oct 29/19 – Jan 18/20.
*There is an unpaid break from December 22, 2019 - January 4, 2020.
Program Times: Tuesday through Friday from 10am – 4pm
Saturday flex days * (Saturdays will vary based on: field trip programming, arts festivals or markets attended, personal development time, and guest speakers evening or weekend availability)
* Flex days will be determined and discussed in advance allowing the ARTpreneurs time to schedule for these special arrangements.
Location: The Savoy Theatre, 116 Commercial Street, Glace Bay, NS
APPLY HERE: APPLICATION FORM
For more information about ARTpreneurs, email Cynthia Lahey, at: ARTpreneursGlaceBay@gmail.com